You can request a new service at anytime, but you need to remember that the CLASS process is not set up for immediate changes.
- This is a long-term care service.
- If there is a change in health status due to surgery or illness, Medicaid acute care should have a response for this.
Some requests have steps that come before making a budget change, such as:
- completion of documents for Dental requests – see full process
- completion of documents for Adaptive Aid requests – see full process
- completion of documents for Minor Home Modifications – see full process
- evaluations before addition of ongoing therapy
Here are the timeframes that apply to all budget changes:
- Once your Case Manager has received the documents to complete the request, they have 5 days to initiate the budget change.
- You sign and return the budget documents to the Case Manager.
- Your case manager sends it to the DSA for signing.
- Once your Case Manager has the budget signed by all, the effective date is set at least 30 days after the last signature.
- Documents are uploaded to HHS Portal for review and approval.
- When the Budget it approved, a copy will be sent to you and the DSA within 5 days.
- The changes made on the budget go into effect the later of:
- The effective date
- The approval date if not approved by the effective date