Instead of closing this website, I am leaving it up… but I do not plan to update it any further. Heather 8/5/2022
Welcome to Texas Medicaid Waivers Explained
Follow these steps to prepare for now & for the future.
- Ways to learn:
- Ways to Medicaid:
- Ways to Personal/attendant care:
- Get on the Medicaid Waiver Interest lists
- If you are already on Medicaid, check out Community First Choice. (No waiting list!)
- If your child is medically-fragile, skip the MDCP Interest list by requesting Rider 28.
- If you are over 21 years, contact Star+Plus Waiver to request long-term care services. (No waiting list!)
- Reach out to your local IDD authority for resources without waiting lists!
Where can I get more info on Microboards
Molina Healthcare said we cannot be paid for taking care of our own daughter. She is 21 and no I have no legal guardianship on her. She can speak but has concept of money. She is legally blind and has CP and other disabilities. Is there a clause where I can become paid to care for her?
Definitely. If you are not her guardian, you can work for her under the CDS option or agency option.
Then you fill out the application to be an employee just like any other attendant.
Can I be an attendant if I am the SSI Representative Payee?
When purchasing a new van with a lift, does the Class Program help with the cost of renovation? Do you have to pay the sales tax? Where can I find more information on funds that can help you with the purchase of modified van for wheelchairs. Thank you
Yes, CLASS can use the $10,000 Adaptive aid funds in 2 back-to-back years to pay $20,000 toward a vehicle modification.
I am looking for a conversion wheelchair van for my daughter. She is 28, has CP and is MR. They are extremely high in price. Can I get Texas Medicaid Waiver Plan to help with some of the cost? I am her mom and her guardian.
If she is on a Medicaid waiver, it will cover part of the vehicle list.