7235 Dietary Services (Nutritional Services)
The provision of nutrition services is defined in Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 701. A program provider must ensure dietary services are provided by a licensed dietician.
The following activities may be billed under the CLASS program. if included in the individual’s authorized Individual Plan of Care:
- assessing the nutritional needs of an individual and determining constraints and resources in the practice;
- establishing priorities and goals that meet nutritional needs and are consistent with constraints and available resources;
- providing nutrition counseling in health and disease;
- developing, implementing and managing nutritional care systems; or
- evaluating, changing and maintaining appropriate quality standards in food and nutritional care services.