Check out my other site, Texas Adaptive Communication Devices Inc, for additional info!
This program is through the Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) and Public Utility Commission (PUC).
STAP provides a way to communicate by phone to individuals who have either:
- Speech Impairment, or
- Hearing Impairment, or
- Vision Impairment.
Individuals with any of these can apply using the instructions at STAPtx.com/pages/apply.
- This might be a phone or tablet for an individual with hearing lost to communicate by text.
- This might be a phone or a tablet for an individual who is blind to communicate with the phone by speech instead of touch.
- This might be an amplified phone for someone who has hearing loss.
Individuals with a speech impairment + an upper mobility impairment or cognitive impairment can apply using the instructions at STAPtx.com/pages/applysgd for both a device + an app that provides symbols for communication – together called a Speech Generating Device.
- This may be a specialized item such as a Tobii Dynavox dedicated tablet.
- This may be a standard item such as an iPad, with specialized software for speech-generation.
More info available at STAPTX.com