Click to go to Official HIPP website
The HIPP Program is a Medicaid initiative to get MORE people to stay on PRIVATE INSURANCE even if they have Medicaid.
By private insurance paying FIRST, Medicaid pays less bills.
Medicaid HIPP will do an analysis of the “quality” of the private insurance.
- Does it cover at least 60% on most items (Inpatient coverage, Outpatient coverage, Lab and X-ray coverage, Prescription coverage, Doctor visits)?
- Does it cover an unlimited number of prescriptions?
- Does it have a lifetime maximum of over $500,000?
- Does it have an individual deductible of $1,000 or less?
If these answers are YES, then they may pay for the ENTIRE private insurance premium.
Call to apply: 1-800-440-0493
You will need to fax or mail the details of your private health insurance, such as:
- Benefits summary – description of the plan
- Rates sheet – itemized details of how much the plan covers (percentages, copayments, etc)
- Check stub showing amount withheld each month for policy
HIPP fax: 1-512-514-4226
Address: PO Box 201120, Austin, TX 78720