Before you worry about anything else, get on the Interest Lists for the Medicaid Waivers. Don’t worry about understanding them, or if you/your family member will qualify – until you get in line!
Then you will have 3-10 years to learn… depending on each waiver.
You DO NOT need medical or diagnostic info to get on Interest lists. Just name, address, phone, birthday, & social security number.
1. Call HHSC Interest List – 1-877-438-5658:
- Ask to get on the CLASS interest list
- Ask to get on the MDCP interest list
- If in immediate urgent need (no time for a waiting list), read about Rider 28 to learn how to skip the waiting list
- Ask to get on the Deaf-Blind Multiple Disabilities interest list (if applicable)
2. Call the Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority for your county:
- Ask to get on the HCS interest list
- If in crisis, ask about IDD Crisis and Stabilization.
- If in immediate urgent need (no time for a waiting list), ask about Texas Home Living
4. If you are over 21 years old, call your Star+Plus Managed Care Organization:
- Ask to be evaluated for Long-Term Care Services through the Star+Plus Waiver
Pingback: KPRC 2 meteorologist Britta Merwin shares her family’s autism journey – Health And Fitness Articless
Pingback: A Parent's Guide To Autism, from KPRC2 - Austin Breaking News
Hello, I would love to be put on waiting list for the following
Hcs, dead and blind disability,mdcp and also class list.
Click on the Waiver link on this website and follow the steps to be put on each one.
How do I find out what number I am on the the HCS list
You have to call your county’s LIDDA to ask them. Normally, they call you once per year to confirm you are still interested.