The In-Home and Family Support program provides direct grant benefits to people with physical disabilities and/or their families to choose and purchase services that help them to remain living in their own homes.
What services are provided?
- Access to counseling and training programs to help people provide proper care to a person with a disability.
- Attendant care, home health services, home health aide services, homemaker services, chore services to provide instruction/training and assistance with routine body functions, dressing, preparing and consuming food, and ambulating.
- Medical, surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic and other health services related to a person’s disability, which may include medications not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
- Other disability related services pre-approved by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
- Pre-approved transportation as well as room and board cost incurred by person with a physical disability or his or her family during evaluation or treatment.
- Purchase or lease of special equipment or architectural modifications of a home to facilitate care, treatment therapy or general living conditions of a person with a disability.
- Respite care
Who can get services?
- You must be 4 or older.
- You must have a physical disability substantially limiting one or more major life activities.
How do I apply for services?
- Contact your local DADS Office.