IHFS (In Home Family Support)

In-Home and Family Support

The In-Home and Family Support program provides direct grant benefits to people with physical disabilities and/or their families to choose and purchase services that help them to remain living in their own homes.

What services are provided?

  • Access to counseling and training programs to help people provide proper care to a person with a disability.
  • Attendant care, home health services, home health aide services, homemaker services, chore services to provide instruction/training and assistance with routine body functions, dressing, preparing and consuming food, and ambulating.
  • Medical, surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic and other health services related to a person’s disability, which may include medications not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
  • Other disability related services pre-approved by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
  • Pre-approved transportation as well as room and board cost incurred by person with a physical disability or his or her family during evaluation or treatment.
  • Purchase or lease of special equipment or architectural modifications of a home to facilitate care, treatment therapy or general living conditions of a person with a disability.
  • Respite care

Who can get services?

  • You must be 4 or older.
  • You must have a physical disability substantially limiting one or more major life activities.

How do I apply for services?

2 Responses to IHFS (In Home Family Support)

  1. Shirley Main says:

    I am possibly moving to TX because my family is there. I now have IHSS in CA do I just transfer it ? I have Medicaid.
    I have MS plus other disabilities.
    Thank u.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s