If you are eligible for Medicaid already (whether it comes through SSI or TDHS), you can apply for Personal Care Services.
If you are on a Medicaid waiver, you can apply for Personal Care Services.
The official website for PCS is http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/region8/personalcaresvcs.aspx. Or try this link.
The PCS benefit is available to Texas Medicaid clients who:
- Are birth through 20 years of age.
- Are enrolled with Texas Medicaid as Texas Health Steps clients.
- Have physical, cognitive, or behavioral limitations related to a disability, or chronic health condition that inhibits the client’s ability to accomplish ADLs, IADLs, or health-related functions.
Personal Care Services are to help with:
- Examples of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Toileting/Toileting hygiene
- Transfers/Nonambulatory movements
- Examples of Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs)
- Meal preparation
- Examples of Health-Related Functions
- Assistance with use of adaptive or assistive devices.
- Assistance with use of durable medical equipment (DME).
PCS Does Not Include:
- ADLs, IADLs, or health-related functions that a typically developing child of the same chronological age could not safely and independently perform without adult supervision.
- Services that provide direct intervention when the client has the physical, cognitive, and behavioral abilities to perform the ADL, IADL, or health-related function.
- Duplication of Medicaid services.
- Nursing care.
- Respite care or child care.
Referral of Clients for the PCS Benefit
- Call Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership(TMHP) PCS Client Line 1-888-276-0702 (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)