Medicaid Transportation assistance can be accessed in 2 ways:
- Reimbursement for mileage
- To pick you up and drive you to the appointment in a taxi cab
There are 2 categories of transportation:
- Routine Medical Transportation
- This is the type of service that MTP arranges for you to go to a place in the county where you live or a county nearby. If you need this help, call 1-855-687-4786. You must call MTM at least two business days before the day you need the ride.
- Special Medical Transportation
- This service is when you need help getting to the doctor or hospital in another city. It can help pay for travel, lodging and meals in some cases if you must stay away from home overnight or longer for medical reasons. Call 1-855-687-4786 at least five business days before you need to travel to set up this type of help.
More info is available at www.mtm-inc.net/texas/